Tuesday 18 August 2009

Gay Greek Google ?

One of the reasons I started this blog is simply the lack of information on gay life in Greece, in general. When I put "gay Thessaloniki" into g00gle the results are more than depressing. After the first page of ten results - basically all with the same information about clubs, cafes, etc, - the rest is just a conglomeration for gay dating sites etc. which has absolutely nothing to do with gay life in Thessaloniki.
This could lead one to believe that there is no gay scene in Thessaloniki or that gay life here is so non-existent there is nothing to write about. Or maybe it is secret information just for Greeks so we should try the search in Greek - not much more success I'm afraid.
Even when I go to www.gayscout.com and look up Thessaloniki all I get is a blank page AND gayscout is on the first page of google for "gay Thessaloniki". Oh dear, things are not looking so good, are they? AND without wanting to name and shame some of the info sites are simply out of date. For example, the cafe PASTA FLORA where one site says - mostly young gay and lesbian crowd. This is utter nonsense, it was the case some years ago but definitely not so today. Pasta Flora's owners' decided to loose the gay image.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing.
    I had just the same experienced, when IO realized I will b traveling there :)

    your posts are highly valuable :) and intelligent :)

    Mike, Slovenia,
    Will probably be in T tommorw night, and now I know where : )

    ReplyDelete